Halifax Panthers First Team Physiotherapist
Halifax Panthers are on the lookout for a First Team Physiotherapist to join our ever expanding and loyal backroom staff. The chance to work in professional sport get you excited? Then we’ve got the role for you. You can find the full job specification below. Join the Panthers family today
£ (dependant on experience)
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Fixed Term (Part time)
Thursday 21st October 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chartered Physiotherapist or experienced Sports Therapist/Sports Rehabilitation Therapist to join the first team medical department at Betfred Championship side Halifax Panthers. This will be a part-time role which will include the delivery of elite clinical management to injured players within the first team squad, alongside striving to maintain optimal player availability. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that high standards of medical services are consistently delivered. Training sessions currently take place 2/3 times a week in the evenings and usual gamedays are Sunday.
- Lead and manage the provision of appropriate medical cover for players
- Work alongside the medical team to assess and provide clinical diagnosis for injuries.
• Be able to independently manage, treat and plan progressive rehabilitation programmes for injured players under your caseload.
- Complete regular player screening and profiling in order to issue specific injury prevention education and prehab plans to players.
• Coordination of prehab/rehabilitation programmes in partnership with the strength and conditioning coaches.
- Within the restrictions of confidentiality liaise with athletes, coaches, and other support staff where needed.
• Be proactive in the holistic care of players, applying research into practice surrounding the prevention of injuries.
• Assist with the delivery of pre-game and pitch-side medical cover for the first team squad on match days.ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
• BSc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy/Rehabilitation
• HPC and CSP registered.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Previous experience working within sport
• Computer literate and experience of using common programmes (Word ,Excel)DESIRED REQUIREMENTS
• Immediate Medical Management on The Field of Play (IMMOFP) qualification or equivalent. (willing to complete if successful)
• Previous experience working in rugby/sport.
• Experience with/knowledge of sports science.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4, stating relevant experience to Sarahmorgan@halifaxpanthers.co.uk by Thursday 21st October 2021.