Community Panthers CIC – Community Manager Position
The Halifax Panthers have a new Community Interest Company running their community programming throughout Calderdale. This comes through the recent Halifax Panthers re-brand and has been created to enhance the club’s presence in our wonderful community around us.
The Panthers are looking to appoint an engaging, confident, and innovative person to the Community Manager of Community Panthers CIC to build on it’s fantastic start to the year! The successful candidate will have previous experience with Sport Development, community activities and an understanding of developing talent through our game.
As Community Manager of Community Panthers CIC, you will be responsible for delivering a diverse, inclusive and community focused program throughout the community, schools, community clubs and businesses across West Yorkshire. You will build on the set group of current stakeholders and develop relationships with the wider community to stretch rugby league as far and wide as possible throughout Calderdale and beyond.
– To manage, implement and create a Community Engagement Strategy Plan that meets the vision, mission, and values of Community Panthers CIC.
– Day to Day management and delivery of the Community Panthers CIC programmes.
– To recruit, develop and promote the use of coaches, volunteers, and current staff partners.
– To liaise with the Halifax Panthers Board of Directors to develop your own delivery plan which will complement the overall aim of the Halifax Panthers RLFC.
– To work closely and carry the vision of the Community Panthers CIC Board of Directors, meeting monthly for board meeting and progress reporting.
– To ensure the safety and welfare of all participants during coaching, playing and development sessions.
– To prepare the first annual report for Community Panthers CIC in February 2023.
– To promote the Halifax Panthers brand across our community and beyond through events, roadshows, and niche activities.
– Write bids & funding applications to further develop community programming and talent pathways for major club stakeholders.
– To take a professional approach to the planning, preparation and organisation of coaching, training, and community engagement.
– To create, deliver and develop high quality coaching sessions to children and young people of all abilities in schools, rugby clubs, local community groups and further education to ensure the growth and sustained participation of rugby league activities across Calderdale.
– To be forthcoming and creative with new ideas to grow the game of rugby league and community relationships.
– To continue the development and growth of the Halifax Panthers brand throughout our communities.
– To manage and maintain sound knowledge of the CIC’s safeguarding policies, reporting procedures and process of communications with the Board of Directors.
– To work closely with major club stakeholders to develop and build exposure to their programming and successes. Halifax Panthers Women’s Team, Men’s Team, Wheelchair Team, Dance Teams, and Academy Teams.
– To actively support local clubs to help them with player recruitment, retention, standards of delivery, and sustainability.
– To build relationships outside of the sport of rugby league as well as in it. Working closely with community groups that bring new eyes to our sport, visions, and mission.
– To be a brand champion for Halifax Panthers RLFC.
– To manage and implement matchday activities on and off the field for fans and local youth.
– To maintain high levels of customer services and customer engagement levels to audiences across all age groups.
– To deliver Rugby League World Cup activities in the lead up to October 2022.
– 2 Years’ experience in Sport / Rugby Development E
– Experience in a sport management position D
– RFL Level 1 or 2 Coaching Qualification or equivalent D
– Valid DBS check E
– Valid First Aid Certificate or willing to undertake E
– Clean and Valid UK Driver’s License E
– Experience in working with schools & Young People D
– Flexibility to work weekend fixtures and evenings E
– Experience in delivering activity to large groups and public speaking E
– Excellent Stakeholder management across all levels D
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week – weekend and evening work required.
To apply for this position please send a CV and short Cover Letter explaining what makes you a great fit for this role to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 20th June
#PanthersInTheCommunity #ChooseFax #MoreThanAGame